Sunday, November 14, 2010

End of the Week

Earlier this week I discovered Twitpic, so I haven't been taking many real photographs over the course of the week. Instead, I've been taking a bunch of pictures with my cell phone since it's the only way to update my Twitter when I'm not at home. Unfortunately they're not the best quality.

On Wednesday I finally managed to catch up on my kanji reviews. On Thursday I did some laundry and then met up with Daniel at the nearby arcade.


We played some Jubeat and actually managed to win one of the UFO catchers!

We won this one, and one of another color as well. They're so cute. They was also a UFO catcher with fur tails in it, but they took the fur tails out and replaced it with Rilakkuma goods before we had a chance to try it.

We stopped by McDonalds where Daniel got lunch and I grabbed a McShake. They only come in small sizes here, unfortunately. :(

After that I headed back to literature class, and when I got home I was pretty exhausted. I ended up passing out and waking up pretty late, which lead to panicking about not being able to finish my assignments.

On Friday things were same ol', though I went to the club and met some really nice people. Hope we can go shopping sometime! =)

After heading home for a bit, I took the train to Kudanshita.

I took this picture while I waited in front of McDonalds. It's so strange to see McDonalds where you order outdoors and then take the food upstairs to sit (or stand if there's no places) and eat.

My student arrived, and we went to a coffee shop. At the end he was in a hurry to get back to work, so I'm not sure how well it went.


Ended up getting Dominos for dinner since we ended up getting hungry pretty late. :D

And then yesterday (Saturday) we went to Cafe Gusto for the first time in a while.

I discovered that they actually have chicken ceasar salad, though there's no crutons and they even put a whole tomato in it.


My lunch. Wasn't really digging the plain salisbury steak though. Wish I had gotten steak instead.

Then we set out to find an electric buzzer so we could cut Daniel's hair. First we tried a nearby drug store, but it didn't have one so we headed to the train station to Ikebukuro. But first we stopped at the arcade, where we discovered that they had the fur tail UFO catchers again.
We won not only once, but three times!! We almost won a fourth one (a black one) but it got stuck  right as it was about to fall to where we can take it.。゜(゜´Д`゜)゜。 It's amazing that we actually got these for about 1,100 yen, especially when in stores they go for 2,000-3,000 yen a tail.

When we arrived in Ikebukuro, first we checked out another drug store in the station, but they didn't have one either. So, we headed across the street to Donki, which is a huge store that has everything and anything you would ever want, from food, makeup, or clothes to games and even hair buzzers!

I saw this hilarious "t-shart" there.

After our feet got tired, we headed home. I saw a hat I wanted to buy and it was pretty cheap too. But I forgot the envelope holding the money I've made from working so I didn't buy it or any new false lashes. :(

When we got home I cut the hair of someone for the first time. I was so scared it'd come out bad, but I guess it came out all right, or so Daniel says... (;゜ロ゜) Had to do it quickly though, since I rushed off to the train station to see my student. He took me to a famous shopping area called Odaiba, where I got to see the evening lights of Tokyo, especially the ones of the ferris wheel of an amusement park that was nearby, though it could be seen from the monorail. Unfortunately I forgot my camera, so I only have a few crappy pictures I took.

Aside from the lovely Tokyo Tower, one of the first things I noticed when I arrived there was...the Statue of Liberty?? It was pretty small though, nothing compared to the real one. We wandered around a famous shopping mall for an hour, checked out a few shops and places, and then headed back. I was totally exhausted when I got back home. I guess I watched Gossip Girl and went to bed?

I had a dream that totally had to do with the monorail we were riding on yesterday, except it was centered around Shibuya 109 and there was some evil thing controlling it that I had to avoid and try to get away from.

1 comment: