Saturday, January 15, 2011

My First Resume

It took me a while, but I finally did it! I finished my resume and I handed it into the store today. I had to include a picture with it though, and I didn't really like the way it came out. Unfortunately the booths only allow for two tries so if you don't like either than you're screwed. I brought scissors with me to the train station so I could specifically cut the photo out and paste it to my resume. Many thanks to everyone who answered my questions about the resume while I was trying to figure it all out!

When I handed it in though it was a bit awkward. I couldn't find the guy I had consulted before and the manager of the store was busy with a client, so I handed it to the second girl working there. I tried to think up the keigo way to say "Is it all right if I give this to you?" but I couldn't remember it so I just used normal polite. But it seemed to be okay because after she confirmed I was really actually handing her a legitimate resume, she went and gave it to the guy. I really wish I knew his name, since he'll probably be the one interviewing me. We set up my interview for Monday at noon. I hope I can do well! I mustn't forget my visa though, just in case.

I asked him what kind of clothing I should wear, and he said that "normal" clothing is fine. Well of course this is Tokyo and everyone in Tokyo's "normal" wear is a bit dressed up, especially for a store like the one I applied to.
I bought myself these new eyelashes before I left. I've been wanting these for a while now!

2 comments:

  1. What's "normal clothing"?! Grrrr....
    You love diamond eyelashes! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. idk. And yeah, because they're cheap and give you lots of pairs! :x

    ReplyDelete