Sunday, February 13, 2011


Nearly a month has passed by now since a few of the happenings I want to write about, but I suppose for now I'll just update about what I've been up to. I've been mostly focusing on my shopping service and I think it's starting to go pretty well. I've been getting quite a few customers and now even a repeat one. It's fun to go shopping for people! But I guess because of that it leaves me a bit worn out and I haven't really had much inspiration for blogging.

Shopping hasn't been the only thing I've been doing for my shopping service. I went to a CD signing event yesterday for a customer. It was such a nightmare for me. When I got there, there were so many girls lined up to get their CDs signed they had said that lining up was temporarily closed. However that didn't stop a bunch of a girls from jumping in whenever there were gaps. I admit, I jumped in with one group of those girls. Even though I did this though, the total wait was at least two hours. When I finally got into the room where the band was autographing on the top floor of the shopping mall, I didn't realize that we could only get the autograph of the dude that was on the CD label. Not to mention, I didn't even know who was actually on the CD's label in the first place! So I just got into the line as the vocalist because he had brown hair. However turns out that there was another dude with brown hair, and he was the one on the CD. How embarrassing it was to wait all the way through the vocalist's line and then have to go wait in the guitarist's line, which was the longest! That sucked so much. I must have looked so pissed off by the time I got to where the guitarist was sitting. All I could think of to say was "yoroshiku onegaishimasu" (please take care of me) and "arigatou gozaimashita" (thank you very much). He probably thought that was all I knew how to say anyway. He had a sort of mixed look on his face when he looked at me and only said "Hai!" (Okay!) to me as he handed back the CD.

I have to say though, he looked a lot different in real life compared to the photoshopped picture of him on the CD. Up close he looked like a regular Tokyoite: really skinny with a ton of hair products in his hair. I bet if I had touched his hair it would've been a bit crunchy.

I was rather shocked by the whole thing though, since the girls there were so dressed up! I wish I had my camera with me because some of those girls looked incredible. I was also really surprised by the range of different fashion styles there. There must of been hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of girls dressed up in their very best and most expensive clothes and accessories, lined up with the mindset as if they were on a pilgrimage to a holy land to meet the messiah or something. They all must have all carried expensive gifts for their idols as well, because I noticed that in the room outside of the signing the boxes for gifts for each individual member of the band was overflowing. They all must have left chocolates as well since tomorrow is Valentine's Day.

I must admit though, unless it's for a singer/band that I like, I don't think I'll do this kind of thing again. I was completely drained by the time I left that place and practically near tears when I was on the train. By the time I got home I was so exhausted I found it hard just to use my chopsticks to eat dinner. Soon after I ended up passing out in the middle of doing something. I was not a happy camper last night.

Speaking of food, the past few nights I've managed to experiment a bit. The night before last I tried this cheese carbenera pasta. I wasn't such a fan but that's probably because it got cold really fast. Probably tastes better hot. Last night I really wanted some rice, so I got a bento that had hamburg with cheese on it. I figured I hadn't tried eating hamburg for a while, so I should give it a try. To my surprise, it was pretty good.

It actually snowed here last Thursday and Friday! I managed to get two of my shoes completely soaked before I took out my rain boots. I'm glad my skinny jeans can fit in them.

As far as a regular job goes though, I never heard back from that one store. However, I saw that a nearby convenience store was hiring, but when I finally had the courage to ask about it the manager wasn't in so she told me to call later. Well I'm not so good when it comes to calling, so I went back instead only to find that the sign was gone!! I was pretty shocked and went in the next day. The same old lady was working there and I asked her about it and she said they were still hiring but the manager only comes in after 5 so I should come back then. So I did that night and this time I actually asked. There were two guys working there, but the manager wasn't in so one of the guys called the manager up. Turns out that I had just missed the deadline for applying this month, but they'll hire again at the beginning of next month. I can't believe I had just missed it!

Daniel has been away the past few days doing touristy stuff his school had organized. It's been a bit strange being here all by myself, but he'll come back today. Can't wait to see his pictures! I wish I could have joined along, but hopefully we can do a bit of sightseeing across Japan before we leave.

Now that I think about it, we've been in Japan for six months now. Wow, it's gone by so quickly!

Sorry for these long posts that are just walls of text. Hopefully my next few posts will have some pictures!


  1. Shopping service? :0 Is this an open-to-the-public sort of affair?

    That signing sounds like it was super stressful. Ah well, 頑張って! お金を稼ぎましょー!

  2. Yeah it is. ^^ Why, you interested in anything? XD

    It really was super stressful. T_T But thanks ^^

  3. Kinda. xD Are you able to get things via webshops/mbok? And what are your fees? :0

  4. I've found my credit card has been rejected at most places, but if they do COD I can do that. Otherwise I mostly just go to the stores lol. You can find details about my shopping service here: