Thursday, September 2, 2010

Yukata (≧∀≦)

Well, since school's started for Dan, he decided it'd be best if he spent today preparing flashcards on Anki and studying. I spent the day researching yukata stuffs. I don't know if I mentioned it yet, but this weekend there'll be a festival in our town. I can't wait!

After researching directions, I realized I was missing what's called a koshihimo, which is used to shorten the yukata and to make it fit to your size. I was freaking out over where in the world I could buy one, but I figured there just had to be a yukata store in our town. So I set off to our town's "Ginza," which is basically a street lined with stores. I went up and down through them, and then it was getting pretty late and I wasn't really sure where I was anymore, so I figured I'd just follow the sound of where the trains are coming from and head home. And then, on the other side of the train track hidden behind a wall, I found a yukata shop! I had given up by then, but I was so happy to find it. I managed to get the koshihimo, which were 840 yen for 3 of them. I was hoping it would be a little cheaper, but I guess I can't complain since I searched so hard through so many shops for them.

The shop even had real yukata hair accessories, but I decided I wouldn't have enough cash for them too. She even showed me some undergarments you wear to absorb sweat, but I figure I'll just wear a t-shirt underneath or something instead.

I found this really easy hair style I can do myself, so I figure I'll just accessorize cheaply. I think if I got a real hair accessory with a big huge flower I'd need a much more complicated hair style, and there's only so much my noob self can do. So I stopped by the 100 yen store on the way back and picked up some hair pins, small hair elastics, and a scrunchy. But the one I got isn't really big, so I think I might just buy the ones from Lip Service at the local Sunkus, which are a lot bigger and cuter. I'm not sure if I'll get the pink one or the purple and black one though.

In any case, I grabbed McDonalds for dinner for us and headed home. And so ends my yukata adventure for now. I'll probably try it on tomorrow. I hope I can wear the geta okay.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure you'll be able to rock your yukata! In that festival, all eyes will be on you (in a good way)! XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. @queennepy: Haha thanks! But we'll see. Worried about my figure looking kind of strange in it lol

    ReplyDelete