Monday, August 30, 2010

Farewell~

So last night was the farewell party for Nicole since she's going back to America. Unfortunately, we got there really really late (like a half hour late x.X) but she still met up with us at the station so we could find the gyuudon place that we ate at before. I got the same Tokyo gyuudon as I ordered before the last time we went to Ueno. After we ate, we headed over to a bar that Brian recommended to Nicole where we all decided to get the free drinks for an hour and a half plan. Once we got to our room, I ended up ordering ramune sour. It's amazing that they make such a thing, and it was good too. Plus it had a lot more alcohol than that Tropical Sunrise did at Watami! I was surprised. I must have had four or five of them by the time our hour and a half was up.
Japanese karaoke works a bit differently than it does in America. For one thing, we're in our own private room so it's only our party, as you can see in the picture above.
We use this little device to find and select the song(s) we want to seen. There's two of them, so other people are putting in their songs to the queue at the same time. You can see my ramune sour on the right there. 8D
One of the girls who had been on exchange last year at my school in Massachusetts took this for us :)

The first song that I sung was Inside Fishbowl by Koda Kumi, and I think it really surprised everyone since they weren't expecting me to be able to speak any Japanese, let alone sing a Japanese song. They were telling me how good my pronunciation was, which was nice~ I also sung Want Me Want Me by Amuro Namie, which received some amusing actions from everyone who hadn't heard the song before.


After our hour and a half was up, we went downstairs and started chatting for a bit, trying to figure out what to do next. We ended up going upstairs for some more karaoke. However, all of the native Japanese speakers took off and it was Nicole, one of her friends, and us.
I ended up singing a bunch of songs, including Heavy Rotation by AKB48, which is amazing since I've never even heard the song in full before! Unfortunately our time was eventually up, and we headed home.
But first I took this picture of this bowl with magical chopsticks that fly up and down.

We said our goodbyes at the train station. I'm going to miss Nicole. She was sooooo helpful to us and I'm so thankful to her! ;w;

2 comments:

  1. Awwww. Looks like you're on your own now. I hope Nicole comes back soon.

    Glad you had fun though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @queennepy: Nah, she won't be back for probably a few years she said. So I'm really on my own haha

    Karaoke ftw

    ReplyDelete